Modern slavery is a term which covers a range of exploitative practices occurring in various forms such as slavery, child labour, excessive overtime, servitude, forced and compulsory labour and human trafficking.
StealthMounts opposes any form of slavery and is committed to minimising the risk of it occurring in its own business operations and supply chain, or through any other business relationship. StealthMounts expects suppliers to uphold the rights of employees and contractors in the supply chain including the rights of freedom of association, collective bargaining, and a national minimum living-wage.
This policy describes our approach to minimising modern slavery risk and we expect that organisations who have, or are seeking to have a relationship with our company familiarise themselves with its content and take verifiable actions to ensure compliance. This includes suppliers, employees, agency workers, contractors and consultants.
StealthMounts will only do business with organisations that fully comply with this Policy, or those who are taking appropriate and verifiable actions towards compliance. StealthMounts response to modern slavery StealthMounts is committed to complying with relevant modern slavery legislation including respecting and upholding human rights across our operations and supply chains, or through any other business relationship.
Work being undertaken to underpin our commitment includes:
- Conducting risk assessments to determine which parts of our business and which of our suppliers are most at risk of modern slavery to help focus further efforts
- Applying supplier pre-screening and on-boarding processes to help identify modern slavery risk
- Engaging with our suppliers to convey our Modern Slavery Policy and to gain an understanding of the measures taken by them to ensure modern slavery is not occurring in their business and their supply chain
- Incorporating into our contractual documents specific prohibition against slavery and servitude, the use of forced, compulsory or trafficked labour, and the use of child labour in line with this Policy
- Undertaking audits and investigation where we identify high risks of modern slavery and are not satisfied that organisations with who we do business are managing this appropriately
- Educating and training our people on modern slavery, the application of this policy and associated processes
- Monitoring the effectiveness of our actions and improve our approach over time
Responsibility for this Policy StealthMounts has overall responsibility for ensuring this policy and its implementation comply with our legal and ethical obligations. The Group Leadership Team has primary and day-to-day responsibility for implementing this policy and monitoring its use and effectiveness.
Managers at all levels are responsible for ensuring their staff understand and comply with this policy and are given adequate and relevant training on it and the issue of modern slavery in supply chains.
StealthMounts will ensure that relevant employees and contractors receive adequate training on this policy and any supporting processes applicable to their role.
All employees and contractors will be notified of this policy on joining and receive training as appropriate from time to time.
Any breach of this policy will be taken seriously and dealt with on a case by case basis. A breach of this policy by an employee may lead to disciplinary action being taken in accordance with the company’s disciplinary process. A breach of this policy by a supplier will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
StealthMounts recognises that modern slavery is a complex issue and will work with suppliers wherever possible to ensure the best outcome for the people at risk. This response may range from ceasing activities with the supplier to collaboration to improve performance.
Review This Modern Slavery Policy will be reviewed by StealthMounts at least annually and may be amended from time to time.
Engaging with our suppliers to convey our Modern Slavery Policy and to gain an understanding of the measures taken by them to ensure modern slavery is not occurring in their business and their supply chain